Our Purpose: To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive, fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Some of the organizations that UMW supports include:
- Church Women United of the Napa Valley Clothing Center with used clothing donations
- Teacher Resource Center in Napa with money and school supplies
- Circles of Poverty Initiative at our Methodist Church with desserts for their meetings
- McCurdy School in New Mexico with box tops and Campbell soup labels
- United Methodist Committee on Relief with School Kits and Flood Buckets
- Sewing Little Dresses for Africa which we have sent to Haiti, Myanmar and Peru
- Gum Moon Women’s Residence in San Francisco
- Mary Elizabeth Inn Women’s Residence in San Francisco
In 2016, United Methodist Women will focus on four new priority areas for our mission work. Our local unit will discuss these issues in our program meetings which we hold every other month. These priority areas are:
- Climate Justice
- Maternal and child health
- Racial and gender justice
- Economic justice
UMW also offers the opportunity for any interested woman to join in our Circles. A Circle is a small group meeting for women to gather for fellowship, spiritual growth, Bible study and study on the UMW priority areas. All are welcome.
The 2016 United Methodist Women Reading Program books are now in our church library.
Book titles that have been specially selected by evaluators give us incredible stories and information in the areas of leadership development, social action, education for mission, spiritual growth and nurturing for committee as well as books for children and youth.
Visit our national web site at unitedmethodistwomen.org.Click here to view or download/print meeting details and key contact information for Napa’s United Methodist Women’s groups. You may contact UMW President Patricia Parker at (707) 253-7472. All are welcome.